Our Practice is now a member of The Grand Union Primary Care Network.
Bridgewater Surgeries, New Road Surgery, Garston Medical Centre and Baldwins Lane Surgery are working together as a group to improve patient care and offer a wider range of services to our community over the coming five years.
Our aims are:
- To work together in order to deliver high quality health care to the patients registered with each of the practices,
- To provide the new ways of delivering healthcare recommended by NHS England,
- To develop a mixed workforce of suitably qualified staff to provide healthcare,
- To listen to the views of our patient population in order to provide the most appropriate access to our services,
- To work together to ensure we provide good care for patients while maintaining the independence and individuality of each practice.
We have started this journey by employing a Clinical Pharmacist to work across the practices. Other healthcare professionals will follow as the services we offer expand. These may include paramedics, physiotherapists, physicians’ assistants, mental health workers, and social prescribing link workers.
The practices have a history of working together already and we currently provide:
- Falls clinics and education sessions for frail patients,
- A sore throat assessment service in conjunction with local pharmacies,
- Wellbeing education sessions for those at greater risk of heart disease.
We look forward to even more services as The Grand Union develops. If you would like some more information about Primary Care Networks, please click here,
or watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19DtEsc8Ys
DATA PROTECTION - GDPR
During the course of our work we may share your information with these Practices and health care organisations/professionals. We will only share this information where it relates to your direct healthcare needs. When we do this, we will always ensure that appropriate agreements are in place to protect your information and keep it safe and secure. This is also what the Law requires us to do. If you would like to see the information the PCN holds about you, please contact your Practice Data Protection Officer.
Any other queries about The Grand Union can be directed to your surgery’s Practice Manager.